Beckton & Royal Docks Children’s Centre delivers a range of high quality services, for families with under 5s. Services aim to support parents / carers and to enable children to flourish at home and to thrive when they start school. The Children’s Centre programme is based on the concept that providing integrated education with childcare, family support and health services are key factors in achieving good outcomes for children and parents.
Beckton & Royal Docks Children's Centre strives to deliver high quality services for the community within the area and we are very pleased to have been recognised through the achievement of many well known national awards as follows: EQualities Award, Families First Quality Award and the locally developed Early Start Nutrition Award, Silver Level.
Best Start in Life
We are supporting the delivery of the mayors "Best Start in Life Guarantee" which will ensure all Newham parents have access to:
- 15 hours of free eligible childcare, with this increasing to 30 hours when the government proposals are rolled out.
- regular Stay & Play sessions every week in eachCommunity Neighbourhood.
- programmes, workshops and sessions offering evidence-based advice and guidance to improve parenting capacity in each Neighbourhood.
- in each Neighbouhood, a range of family healt and development sessions including: antenatal support; pereinatal support, wellbeing; breastfeeding initiation; healthy weight and nutrition; managing minor ailments and reducing accidents; and supporting speech and language development.
This means that at Beckton & Royal Docks Children's Centre, a range of activities and services are on offer at access points in the community including:
- Activity sessions such as Stay & Play, Signalong, Messy Play, Baby Club, Sensory Play.
- Baby Massage, Signalong
- 1-2-1 Family Support.
- Health Advisory Drop in, Health Information Sessions, Health Reviews.
- Triple P Group, Stepping Stones, Triple P Discussion Groups (Bedtime Routine, Toilet Training).
And much more!!! Please visit our "Whats on" Tab for a full timetable with what exciting activities are on offer here at Beckton & Royal Docks Children's Centre.
Who can use the Children’s Centres?
Beckton & Royal Docks Children’s Centre covers Beckton, Gallions, Winsor, North Woolwich, Silvertown and Britannia Village areas.
You can register if you live in any of the areas covered by the Centre and:
- have a child aged 0-5 or care for a child of this age
- you are expecting a baby
- you are a Childminder or grandparent/ aunt / uncle and care for a child aged 0-5 who lives in any of the areas covered by the Centres.
If you have a membership card please remember to bring these along to all services that you attend. If you have not yet registered please refer to our registrations tab for further information on how you can and the requirements, alternatively please call the centre on, 020 7474 0654.