Beckton & Royal Docks Children’s Centre delivers a range of high quality services, for families with under 5s. Services aim to support parents / carers and to enable children to flourish at home and to thrive when they start school. The Children’s Centre programme is based on the concept that providing integrated education with childcare, family support and health services are key factors in achieving good outcomes for children and parents.
Beckton & Royal Docks Children's Centre strives to deliver high quality services for the community within the area and we are very pleased to have been recognised through the achievement of many well known national awards as follows: EQualities Award, Families First Quality Award and the locally developed Early Start Nutrition Award, Silver Level.
Best Start in Life
We are supporting the delivery of the mayors "Best Start in Life Guarantee" which will ensure all Newham parents have access to:
- 15 hours of free childcare to those who are eligible.
- Regular Stay & Play sessions every week.
- Programmes, workshops and sessions offering evidence-based advice and guidance to improve parenting capacity.
- A range of family health and development sessions including: antenatal support; perinatal support, wellbeing; infant feeding support; healthy weight and nutrition; managing minor ailments and reducing accidents; and supporting speech and language development.
This means that at Beckton & Royal Docks Children's Centre, a range of activities and services are on offer at access points in the community including:
- Activity sessions such as Stay & Play, Signalong, Messy Play, Baby Club, Sensory Play.
- Baby Massage, Signalong
- 1-2-1 Family Support.
- Health Advisory Drop in, Health Information Sessions, Health Reviews.
- Triple P Group, Stepping Stones, Triple P Discussion Groups (Bedtime Routine, Toilet Training).
Please visit our "What's on" tab for a full timetable with what activities are on offer here at Beckton & Royal Docks Children's Centre.
Who can use the Children’s Centre?
Beckton & Royal Docks Children’s Centre covers Beckton, Gallions, Winsor, North Woolwich, Silvertown and Britannia Village areas.
You can register if you live in Newham and:
- have a baby/child aged under 5 years or care for a child of this age
- you are expecting a baby
- you are a Childminder or foster parent/family member and care for a baby/child aged under 5 years who lives in Newham
If you have a membership card please remember to bring these along to all services that you attend. If you have not yet registered please refer to our registrations tab for further information on how you can and the requirements, alternatively please call the centre on, 020 7474 0654.