Skip to content ↓

Beckton and
Royal Docks

Children's Centre


You can now register for Children's Centre services online


Documents Required for new Children’s Centre Registrations


Proof of the Child’s Main Address

Proof of address documents must be addressed to at least one of the two parent/carers detailed on the application form who must also live at the same address as the child.

Please provide one of the following:

  • Council Tax Bill for the current financial year (residential not commercial)
  • Current Housing Benefit Entitlement Letter
  • Tenancy Agreement for Council Housing or Housing Association Property
  • Tenancy Agreement for Private Accommodation from a Newham Licensed Landlord. No other private tenancy agreement can be accepted.
  • Letter from the National Asylum Support Service (NASS) or Social Services Asylum Team informing you of the address of the accommodation being provided for you and your family.

    AND one of the following Utility Bills:

  • Recent Gas Bill
  • Recent Electricity Bill
  • Current Water Bill
  • Recent Telephone Bill
  • Recent Mobile Bill

       Additionally we will need:

  • Full Birth Certificate (with parents details)
  • Proof of parental responsibility for a looked after/adopted child


  • Photo ID for the parents/carers named on the application form:

  • Valid Current Passport (not expired)
  • Drivers licence
  • Identity Card

Registration will not be completed until the necessary documents are produced